Welcome to the CEDRA (PDF 2.5 MB) homepage. CEDRA is a strategic-level environmental risk assessment for agencies working in developing countries. It helps local humanitarian and development agencies make their existing projects stronger against climate and environmental change. It is designed to be used across the whole of an organisation's work.
CEDRA helps NGOs to:
- understand communities' experiences of environmental change
- understand climate and environmental science
- assess the likely climate and environmental impacts on communities and projects
- prioritise these impacts
- identify ways to adapt projects and, in some cases, identify new projects needed
- develop an action plan for projects and communities to adapt to climate and environmental change